- About Us
- Township Government
- Customer Service
|Zoning Hearing Board|
· David George, Chairman
The Zoning Hearing Board is a quasi judicial body appointed by the Board of Supervisors that is granted exclusive jurisdiction to hear and render final adjudications in the following matters:
1. Substantive challenges to the validity of any land use ordinance, except those brought before the governing body pursuant to sections 609.1 and 916.1(a)(2) of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code.
2. Challenges to the validity of a land use ordinance raising procedural questions or alleged defects in the process of enactment or adoption which challenges shall be raised by an appeal taken within 30 days after the effective date of said ordinance. Where the ordinance appealed from is the initial zoning ordinance of the municipality and a zoning hearing board has not been previously established, the appeal raising procedural questions shall be taken directly to court.
3. Appeals from the determination of the zoning officer, including, but not limited to, the granting or denial of any permit, or failure to act on the application therefor, the issuance of any cease and desist order or the registration or refusal to register any nonconforming use, structure or lot.
4. Appeals from a determination by a municipal engineer or the zoning officer with reference to the administration of any flood plain or flood hazard ordinance or such provisions within a land use ordinance.
5. Applications for variances from the terms of the zoning ordinance and flood hazard ordinance or such provisions within a land use ordinance, pursuant to section 910.2 of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code.
6. Applications for special exceptions under the zoning ordinance or flood plain or flood hazard ordinance or such provisions within a land use ordinance, pursuant to section 912.1 of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code.
7. Appeals from the determination of any officer or agency charged with the administration of any transfers of development rights or performance density provisions of the zoning ordinance.
8. Appeals from the zoning officer’s determination under section 916.2 of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code.
9. Appeals from the determination of the zoning officer or municipal engineer in the administration of any land use ordinance or provision thereof with reference to sedimentation and erosion control and storm water management insofar as the same relate to applications for development not involving Article V or VII of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code.
Meetings are held by appeal at the Daugherty Township Municipal Building.