- About Us
- Township Government
- Customer Service
|Frequently Asked Questions|
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Building Code does Daugherty Township enforce?
Daugherty Township currently enforces the 2009 International Codes Council (ICC) series of Codes. See the following list for a complete listing of codes. Daugherty Township adopted these Codes by reference (§ 64 of the Code of the Township of Daugherty), pursuant to Act 45 of 1999 which required a Uniform Construction Code (UCC) for Pennsylvania.
2. What is the difference between a Zoning Permit and Building Permits ?
4. Am I required to get a permit for a deck, shed, addition to a home or a porch?
5. Are permits required for finishing a basement?
6. Does a fence or children’s play-set require a permit?
7. What is the required handrail height for a deck, balcony, or porch?
8. How can I find out a zoning district for a particular property?
9. What does PRD mean?
10. Do plans for a new house or addition have to be prepared and sealed by an architect or engineer?
11. Can I have horses on my property?
12. Who does the electrical inspections in Daugherty Township?
13. Is the burning of household trash in a proper burn barrel considered open burning?
14. When was the Daugherty Township Zoning Ordinance adopted?
15. What Township Ordinances regulate development?
16. What are the regulations for a septic system and who enforces them?
17. What buildings require sprinkler systems for fire suppression?
18. How can I find out if the Zoning Ordinance allows my business or use on a property with a building?
19. Does Daugherty Township regulate signs?
20. Does the Township have the Building Codes available to view?
21. How much will my building permit cost?
22. Who performs plumbing inspections?
23. Do I need to have a building permit prior to starting building construction or alterations?
24. Do I need a permit to construct a new driveway onto my property?
25. Do I need a copy of the survey of my property for a permit to construct a shed, deck, pool, or addition?
26. How can I get an application for a building permit?
27. How much notice do I need to give for an inspection for my building permit?
28. How long does it take to get a building permit?
29. Do I need to pay for a permit when I drop off the application?
30. How many sets of plans do I need to submit with my building permit application?
31. Can I fax my building permit application to you?
32. When do the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisor’s hold their Regular Meetings?
33. Who do I contact regarding a Fire Code question?
34. How do I calculate my local real estate tax?